Tuesday, May 4, 2010

An old adventure...

My life has kind of done a 180 degree turn in the past month while I'm working on a project with my friend, Paul, from South Dakota. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail about it right now and will save it for when it gets to its fruition, but it has made me think very differently about life and where I'm headed. Without going into any details, I will say that I miss living in the Black Hills. I know Texans are very attached to their state, but maybe they should make a trip to the Black Hills of South Dakota to witness some spectacular scenery.

I really wasn't into photography when I lived there, but made some attempts at black and white photos. These are all scanned from photographs.


Here's me in Nemo...a town so small, you can blink and be through it. But these little towns get in your blood when you're there and you don't forget them...or the beautiful scenery around them.

Here's Crazy Horse...an on-going monument which will probably never be completed.

Here are the Needles...granite spires...

My 10-year-old son became acquainted with a local rock-climbing group and eventually climbed Devil's Tower. At only 12 years old, that's pretty cool.

Here's a side view of George Washington that most people don't know about...

A peaceful shot along Old Hill City Road...

More of the Needles area...

And Mt. Rushmore. I'm not even going to try to explain the incredibly overwhelming feeling you have when you view the monument. You just have to experience it.

I miss the Hills.

2 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Nice photos Deb! I've been all over the U.S., but never to the Dakotas. Someday!

barry said...

Great Pics Deb.. and it is indeed a wonderful place..Did a road trip there many moons ago but still remember it well..say hello to the folks at Wall Drug for me when you are there.