Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just some random pics...

It's been awhile since I've posted. Between preparing for the office Christmas party and getting a yucky stomach virus, I haven't been feeling very blog-creative. And, recently, I just haven't found any blog-worthy photographic opportunities...or maybe I just haven't felt like looking for them.

But there's one place that I pass by every day on my way to work...it sits on the service road of I-35 between New Braunfels and San Marcos. For some reason, it always intrigues me, so I drove up there today and took some pictures. I don't know whether it's open for business...I've never seen anyone around.





Just kind of a strange place all by itself.

I've also always wanted to take a picture of this church...the first church built in New Braunfels. It has a tiny little cemetery next to it which I would love to get photos of, but it's behind a locked fence.

So, that's it...just a short post tonight.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Love the black & white photos! I think I missed a few posts of yours--somtimes they don't show up on my blog list--will have to check more closely. I know what you mean about not finding stuff to post--I'm digging thru old photos to find interesting ones to put up!

Life's a Beach! said...

Love ALL the photos Deb! And that old Mexican import place is cool!

Vee said...

That's a strange little place, for sure. Photographing it in black and white makes it even more surreal. And the sky in the church photo is great!

Isla Deb said...

Thanks all. Yes, it is an eerie kind of place. To tell you the truth, I didn't even get out of the car to take the pictures, although I wanted to. I couldn't tell whether they were actually still in business. I would like to have seen what they had available if they were...but didn't want to take the chance on my own. :-/