Saturday, February 13, 2010

A global blog block??

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like there's a global blog block out there. I don't spend a WHOLE lot of time visiting other blogs, but it seems like my favorites have been experiencing a lull as well. And that definitely includes me. Since I returned from my Mexico trip last December, I have had very little enthusiasm about doing new posts. Maybe it's the lull after the holidays...I don't know. But other than doing a couple posts about my new digs because some people were curious, I just don't have the enthusiasm to post anything.

I was shopping for some pots today for a couple large plants I bought today. Lowe's and Home Depot's choices were about $40 per pot which I thought was pretty lame. Then I remembered when I took my road trip to Progreso Nuevo across the border in Mexico where I saw huge clay planters for about five bucks. Hmmm. I asked Jared if he was up for a Mexico road trip next weekend to check out some bargains. He was all for it. So I think that will make for another interesting blog post, because for the life of me, I can't come up with anything interesting here at home for the time being.

In the meantime, I am going to an Alan Jackson concert on Wednesday. It's been so long since I've been to a live concert, I don't know whether photographs will work, but I will take my camera just in case. I'm not a big country western fan, but I am a big fan of "It's 5:00 Somewhere."

I think this has been the first post I've ever done without a photograph. Till next time from Mexico...or from the concert...

...that would be me...

4 comments:

jeanie said...

I have missed you Deb. Did you have any snow there? I have always considered February as a month that we should eliminate. It may be the shortest in days but dang it's long. I think I'll start a Facebook group to end February.

Paul said...

Chattahooche---change that to Missouri River and I've been there--done that!

Life's a Beach! said...

Can't wait to see your photos from another Mexico trip! The only thing I'll warn you about is that the Mexican pots often aren't glazed, so you need to put a protective finish on them. I didn't do that with the ones I bought a few years ago and now they're melting into little piles of terra cotta dust. So now I have to shop for pots again! Have fun! And I also feel like I have nothing to blog about right now!

Ann said...

If I didn't have our Jan. trip to Isla to blog about, I'd be suffering, too! We don't even have much snow to photograph! Can't wait for colorful MX pictures from your trip over the border.