Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Under contract!

So after four showings over the weekend, I got a call on Monday that one of the Sunday viewers wanted a second showing on Monday night at 5:30. Okay...rush home and turn on all the lights, water the flower beds so they look fresh and perky, light the Cinnabons candle, throw the cats and litter box into the car and get the heck out of there. A second showing is something to take very seriously. After giving them some time, I went back home and saw that they had pulled out my dining room chairs...they must have sat down to discuss the matter...another good sign.

But I didn't want to get my hopes up so I put it out of my mind. Tuesday morning I went into work and just decided not to think about it. At 10:00 that morning, my agent called saying they put in an offer. It wasn't great, but after a couple of counter-offers, we agreed. I signed the paperwork today, but never got an opportunity to bury this guy...


...because my agent never put a "For Sale" sign in my yard and you're supposed to bury him next to it.

Although the buyers have been pre-approved, they still have to finalize their financing as well as arrange for the dreaded home inspection.

Always imagining the worst, who knows what that...

...will bring up.

At any rate, I will keep my...

...that all goes well. By the way, considering all the painting, spackling, digging, mulching, etc., etc., etc., I have done the past few months, you can pretty much figure those aren't my fingers in that picture.

I'm still keeping the house on the market in case this thing falls through the cracks, but I think I might take a break and treat myself to this upcoming weekend without home improvement chores.

5 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is! Congrats Deb! Wow! I'm impressed. That's really great in this housing market!

Don't get too worried about the inspection. It's usually just petty stuff. It was an extremely hot housing market when we sold in the Seattle area, and our silly buyers actually waived any inspections. I could not believe it.

All that hard work paid off! : )

Ann said...

Congratulations! So quick--I agree with Becky about all your hard work.... Now you have to look in San Marcos for a place?

Anonymous said...

ha !! you tell great stories, haha. the pictures to your story was hilarious!!haha
Hoping the sale goes thru for you.
carl/debbie

Vee said...

Great news, Deb, and I agree that you shared it in a highly entertaining way. To sell in this market before the sign was even up is wonderful. You must have one heck of a location, location, location. Are you sure you want to leave, lol!

Isla Deb said...

Beck - I'm hoping the inspection is "petty." I have visions of "House Hunters" on HGTV where it looks like inspectors go through houses with magnifying glasses and fine-toothed combs! Yikes!

Ann - I'm just going to rent an apartment for awhile while I look for something I really want to buy. I just don't want to end up in a complex with a bunch of college students! But it WILL be nice not to have to worry about a yard from hell or home improvements for awhile!

Thanks, Carl. I couldn't resist the screaming people picture. Ha!

Thanks, Vee. No, I don't want to stay...the house will need too many expensive improvements in the next few years and I would just rather be closer to where I work.